Header Ads Widget

My boyfriend treated me like his mother and ruined our relationship

I have always had a desire to nurture my S.O., but found out the hard way that there is a fine line between nurturing and caring for my partner. He was looking for something in me that was missing in the relationship he had with his real mother, and I gladly took on the role until I realized he was too into it and our relationship was screwed. This Is How Acting As His Mom Instead Of His Girlfriend Changed Everything

1. It killed the romance. Every ounce of romance dried out of our relationship the moment he started treating me like his mother. It was almost impossible for me to be aroused by someone I had just reprimanded for forgetting to take out the garbage. Before I knew it, I felt like I was living with a roommate instead of living with someone he had a crush on. The romance was long gone, and it never came back.

2. He hated making every decision. For every little thing in his life, he first had to pass his decision over to me, and he became upset. I loved that he valued my opinion, and he really took my advice into account, but when I felt like he was asking my permission to make any little move in his life, I knew the relationship was dead.

3. Best Dating and Relationship Advice on the Web – Sponsored If you're reading this, visit Relationship Hero, a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you in, understand your situation, and help you achieve what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations, like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or whatever else you're worried about. You immediately connect with an amazing trainer via text or phone within minutes. Just click here...

4. Caused resentment. I felt like I was always worrying about him or ordering him to do things, and he felt like he was being bossed around. This led to irritation at both ends.

5. Nagging became exhausting. It all turned into a power struggle, with me constantly nagging and him constantly pushing back. The relationship became exhausting and I felt like I was stuck in an endless cycle of drama.

6. Changed the dynamics of relationships. In the early stages of our relationship, he took the lead and did everything I loved and expected from an O.S., but as our roles changed, the dynamic changed completely. He went from being macho, confident and sure of himself to acting like a rebellious teenager who made my life hell.

Post a Comment

0 Comments