Header Ads Widget

Eva Max is turning her pain into pop.


Ava Max and I have something in common. No, I don't have a signature hairstyle or a hit song that came out on top in more than 15 countries. But I went to Lexington High School, a large public school in Lexington, South Carolina, and Max did. She hasn't been there long - just a year - and we've never crossed paths but I remember hearing about it. An emerging pop singer with EP. Walking through our sticky suburban halls on iTunes, I immediately bought his music and stood at a distance and am too shy and well-homosexual to tell anyone.


Not everyone was so excited. We were in high school after all and Max was different. When I tell her about my relationship, she stutters and then remembers that I was bullied at school. All the chair leaders bullied me! It was terrible. Those chair leaders were rude. I spent several days eating my PB&J incurable ones in the bathroom. Well, you're the queen of pop now and I'm joking about where they are. She laughs again but does not agree verbally.


It doesn't have to be - it just works. Max is one of the most exciting new pop stars to emerge in recent years. You know it for 2018s Sweet but Psycho, a shiny dance anthem that reached number 10 on the Billboards Hot 100. It is an inspiring feat for any artist to leave someone behind to make music. The current downtempo climate in Pops is sweet but psycho is noticeable - as are all the songs from the Max Haven & Hell album, which was released last September. The record recalls Katy Perry's plastic pink voice when the top 40 teens were caught in a dream.
 

Eva Max


Charlotte Rutherford
I love the energy of pop music that makes you want to dance, but also makes you feel like you can conquer the world right away, says Max Glamor. But conquering the world takes time, even if it is sweet but psycho felt like success overnight. The 26-year-old has been making music since high school and only broke it. Quitting was not an option. She says that writing music was like therapy and singing was therapy. I knew nothing else. Even when I was in South Carolina I was telling everyone that oh I want to go to California to fulfill my dream. That's what I ever said.


Eventually, he found himself in LA writing full-time songs and recording demos, but nothing came of it. The monsters he encountered were not just high school chair leaders. There have been times when good things haven't happened and I thought maybe I shouldn't do that, said Ava, referring to a few incidents of sexual harassment. I will not return my demos to some of the songwriters and producers I have worked with because they wanted to sleep with me. It was really nauseous. I will cry and think that I am disgusted with my God. How can I even go back to the studio with another man?


Things changed when she met music producer Circuit Racking Ball Rover at her birthday party in 2014. She didn't know it, but some crazy twist of L.A. luck made her wear a Happy Birthday cover. He immediately decided to work with her. "I was dealing with such lousy people in the industry," she says. He was the most noble man I had ever met.

Also Max's nice and encouraging to find her voice. His painful past - horrific treatment by the producers - manifested itself in a surprisingly bright, colorful pop music. There is no song in Heaven & Hell and thematically love covers femininity and flexibility. Making this kind of happy pop is a way to counter Max, which is his salvation for bad times.
I like to write song music that can get us through any difficulty she says. I want to talk about the things that are important to me whether they are cool or not. Cooling is not a priority for Max. The Lexington High School cheerleaders may have ridiculed her now-famous hairstyle - half short and half long - which is why she maintained it. "I don't feel right at the moment without Max Cut," she says.

 Max Cut as Ava and his fans aptly nicknamed it a happy accident. One day she was cutting her hair but stopped in the middle to check something in the kitchen. When I looked in the mirror, I was like my God. You are there, she says. I felt like I found myself. When I first got it, a lot of people gave me a weird look, probably because I didn't wear it with confidence. I just started saying go to hell. Fuck This is a good catch freeze to summarize Eva Max's career so far. Her hair is different. Her voice is different. However, the success of Sweet but Psycho - not to mention the recent hits of Dua Lipa and Lady Gaga - proves that the world is once again ready for pure pop and she wants to join it.


Of course, businesses still need to look a little different. The fact that a powerful man had to take notice to work with her for the industry, he is not lost on Max and he sees a severe shortage of female producers in pop. Not there yet. They were not equal, she tells me. They look at women differently. I have experienced this in the industry myself. I saw with my own eyes that they see you as a support rather than who you really are and what you want to be.


Those memories of being treated like a prop by South Carolina girls are still fresh in Max's mind. I don't think anyone can forget what she says. I think the best thing we can do - for me personally - is to write. When I perform, I am strengthened by knowing that I have overcome these things. I brought it to the light at the end of the tunnel. She hopes the light will take her to Staples Center Madison Square Garden and O2 and Wembley Fields shows. I want to perform non-stop on the World Tour and hopefully I will have more albums when she says that when the world is clearly normal. But will they reach for the hate tickets mentioned above when I ask if he has heard from any of them? He laughed again. I had a lot of DMs like Oh My God! Hey girl She says. Although she is not angry. If I hadn't gone through it, none of this music would have happened.

Post a Comment

0 Comments