Header Ads Widget

Why did pacer Benedict Matthews call LeBron James and what does it mean about a traitor?



Indianapolis - Benedict looked just as calm and confident after his first Summer League practice with the Matherine Pacers as he was before, during and after the NBA Draft process. After finishing some shooting exercises at the end of practice last week, the Matorin team appeared on the first day with the media to ask questions about "fun". Matherin repeatedly expressed his eagerness to play in the Summer League when he smiled at his number 00 pacer's jersey.
Yet in the midst of all the excitement, Matorin is just focused on doing his job. He has been in Indiana for a long time to compete and win, but has not yet set specific individual goals. There are really no expectations for me, "said Matorin. "I have to get out there and do what I do. Every day, every game, every game, I'll bring energy. But just having fun, playing basketball, that's what I like to do."
NBA rookie playing against LeBron James
However, Mathurin has one goal in mind - to compete against LeBron James. Prior to the NBA draft, Mathurin spoke to The Washington Post and his comments about James playing went viral. "(James) has to show me he's better than me," he told the Post. Methurine made it clear that the comments were not trivial about James or his status as one of the best NBA players ever. Instead, Materin wanted to show his confidence and enthusiasm about playing against guys like James this season.
"It's about trusting me," Maturen said. "I think he's the best player I've ever played. But I'm coming to the league right now. I'm not saying there's anyone better than me. It's that I'm confident. I know LeBron. Who is James? There is no (other) LeBron James, there will be no recurrence. He wants to learn and be as ready as possible for the regular season.
Learning how to play defensively in the NBA is another goal for Mathurin, and that's what Summer League coach Ronald Nord emphasized on the first day of practice. Nord put X on the court to indicate where each player should be in defense. He is also teaching young boys how to protect picks and rules in the NBA and how to raise various schemes. Mathurin is embracing early learning during the Summer League. He wants to prove to the team how versatile a playmaker he can be and how great he intends to be as a teammate. Benedict Methoren, Lottery Choice for Pacers: 'People's eyes are on me'

Nord and second-year pacer Chris Duarte said they are excited to learn more about the Arizona product and see it develop over the summer. But after the first exercise, it was clear to everyone that Maturen had a winning, competitive attitude and there was no doubt about his pure athletic ability. "Athletics and natural ability are real," Nord said. "His ability to keep the ball on the floor, reaches the edge. He read right today. He did a great job. We're all working hard on reading. We're all young and need to learn." But we did a good job with him. And then just the spirit around the gym, he's joking with the boys. Everyone is having fun with him. It's a really nice atmosphere. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments